MEMA releases severe weather update
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency is working with counties to assess damage from the severe weather on Dec. 13-14, 2022. Statewide, counties have reported 75 homes damaged. Those numbers could change during the validation process. Additionally, four injuries, three in Sharkey and one in Hinds have been reported as weather-related to MEMA.
The following is PRELIMINARY and will change through the assessment process. These counties report some damage to homes ranging from affected to destroyed.
- Clarke – 20 homes
- Harrison – 3 homes; 3 public buildings
- Jefferson – 3 homes; 1 public road
- Madison – 15 homes
- Newton – 14 homes
- Sharkey– 19 homes
- Sunflower – 1 home
- Wilkinson – 3 public roads
MEMA encourages residents who’ve sustained damage after a severe weather event to do the following:
- File an insurance claim
- Take photos of the damage to the home
- Report damage to county/MEMA via the self-report tool