Mississippi State had 10 of its basketball student-athletes garner SEC Winter Academic Honor Roll announced Thursday by the conference office.
The Bulldogs are one of four schools to have at least 10 basketball student-athletes honored.
Jordan Danberry and Mitch Storm captured their third SEC Honor Roll recognition, while Chloe Bibby, Tate Clayton and Myah Taylor each claimed SEC Honor Roll status for the second consecutive season.
Jessika Carter, Andra Espinoza-Hunter, Andrew Junkin, D.J. Stewart Jr. and Xaria Wiggins received the SEC Honor Roll accolades for the first time during their MSU careers.
Student-athletes had to meet the following criteria to be named to the SEC Honor Roll:
(1) A student‐athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
(2) If a student‐athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the SEC Academic Honor Roll.
(3) Student‐athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and nonscholarship student‐athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
(4) Prior to being nominated, a student‐athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non‐remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
(5) The student‐athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport’s entire NCAA Championship segment.
2020 SEC Winter Academic Honor Roll
Chloe Bibby, Marketing
Jessika Carter, Kinesiology
Jordan Danberry, Master’s in Business Administration (MBA)
Andra Espinoza‐Hunter, Psychology
Myah Taylor, Accounting
Xaria Wiggins, Psychology
Tate Clayton, Business Administration
Andrew Junkin, Accounting
D.J. Stewart Jr., Kinesiology
Mitchell Storm, Business Administration
Visit www.HailState.com for the latest news and information on the men’s and women’s basketball programs. Fans also can follow the program on its social media outlets by searching ‘HailStateMBK’ and ‘HailStateWBK’ on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.